In the insurance industry, the LIC Apprentice Development Officer (ADO) position is highly sought after one. The Life Insurance Corporation of India offers a lucrative salary to the employees working as Apprentice Development Officers in the organisation. The monthly basic pay for the LIC ADO is Rs 21,865/-. In addition to the basic pay under the salary structure, there are other lucrative allowances and benefits given to the ADO.
The LIC ADO exam is a three-step exam with Prelims, Mains and Interview. Candidates must go through the LIC ADO Syllabus to have a better understanding of the topics from which questions are asked in the exam. All the aspirants who wish to take the exam should also understand the job responsibilities and salary structure before joining the services.
The detailed job description and salary structure of the LIC ADO is discussed in the given article.
LIC ADO Salary Structure
For many aspirants who want to make a career in the insurance sector, getting a job in LIC is no less than a dream. LIC has a great pay structure for all its employees. But before applying for the exam, candidates must be familiar with the LIC ADO in hand salary, allowances and other perks given to them. The table below details the LIC ADO salary structure.
|LIC ADO Salary Structure|
|Basic Pay||Rs 21,865/-|
|In-hand Salary||Rs 34,503/- to Rs 37,000/-|
|City Compensatory Allowance||0% – 4% of the basic pay (Location dependent)|
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)||7%-9% of the basic pay (Location dependent)|
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||40% of the basic pay (based on the Inflation rate)|
The total salary of the LIC ADO is calculated based on the pay scale. The in-hand salary of the LIC ADO is also detailed in the following table:
|Post||Year||Salary (In-hand)||Pay Scale|
|Apprentice Development Officer||On joining||Rs 21,865||On appointment|
|After 2 years||Rs 24,545||1340 x 2|
|After 4 years||Rs 27,705||1580 x 2|
|After 23 years||Rs 55,075||1610 x 17|
LIC ADO Allowances and Other Perks
A LIC ADO will also receive some other perks in addition to the salary, and they are listed below.
- Supply of Dailies
- Accident Insurance
- Medical Benefit
- Pension Scheme
- Attractive Performance Incentives
- Mobile Handset
- Vehicle Advance
- Group Insurance
Some of the allowances given to the employees are given below.
- City Compensatory Allowance (CCA): Depending on the location where candidates are posted, CCA can be 4%, 3% or 0%.
- Home Rent Allowance (HRA): Depending on the job’s location, HRA can be 9%, 8% or 7% of the base salary.
- Dearness Allowance (DA): DA is updated every three months in accordance with the CPI (Consumer Price Index). The salary forms CPI 40% of the Basic Pay.
Job Profile of LIC ADO
The primary duty of a LIC Apprentice Development officer is to supervise sales, and therefore, it requires the candidate to have management and administrative skills. ADO is responsible for overseeing both agent management and the development of new sales. Additionally, the ADO’s bonus or promotion is entirely dependent on sales. Although the work is stressful and there is some risk involved, yet, it offers flexible work hours.
The main roles and responsibilities of the LIC ADO are given below:
- Encourage the agents to make the most sales possible within the allotted time.
- Uphold overall integrity in sales.
- Set a goal quota for each agent.
- Learn each agent’s marketing strengths and weaknesses.
- To assess each agent’s general performance.
- Providing training to the selected agents operating under ADO supervision.
- Be knowledgeable about both the trends and the present policies.
- Help the newly appointed agents in their responsibility to sell insurance to as many customers as possible.
- Encourage the appointment of suitable people as life insurance agents and educate them about their corresponding roles
- Enlist life insurance agents to market or sell LIC policies in the designated locations.
- The LIC ADO officers are also required to offer policyholders after-sales support. As a result, they will have the freedom to explore the regions that have been designated for them. They can also be sent to Divisional Offices that are located in their respective operating regions.
Over time, those recruited as Apprentice Development Officers will advance to Probationary Development Officer status. All interested candidates must check the latest updates about the exam. Recently, the LIC ADO Notification was released, and the Mains exam is scheduled for April 2023. All candidates who will pass the Prelims exam will be invited to write the Mains exam.
Candidates will have to undergo a one-year probation period following the end of the apprentice period. After the Probationary Period is over, the pay scale described above will still apply to the salary structure.